Share This Post
10 Prayers for Addiction Recovery
Relying On Prayer During Recovery
When it comes to recovery from drug addiction, the power of prayer cannot be overstated. Whether you have a deep abiding faith in God and His son Jesus Christ or harbor doubts in your heart, prayer can play a massive role in the success of your recovery.
If you attended a Christian drug treatment facility, you were undoubtedly introduced to prayer as part of your recovery. You learned how giving up control and believing in a higher power could speed your recovery, and you used that prayer to build a better and more successful life.
Now that you are on the other side of the formal rehab process, it is time to turn to prayer once again. As you go through your recovery and develop the coping skills you need, let our prayer guide provide a pathway to renewed faith so that you can keep Christ by your side and in your heart.
Prayers to Guide Your Recovery
- Dear Lord, please turn my weakness into strength. Transform my suffering into compassion and turn my sorrow into lasting joy. Transform pain into comfort I can provide to others. Allow me to trust in your goodness and find hope in faithfulness, even in the midst of this struggle.
- Use me as an instrument of Thy peace. Where hatred exists, let me sow love. Where injury exists, let me find pardon. Where there is doubt, let me find faith. Where there is despair, let me find hope. Where darkness exists, guide me into the light. Where there is sadness, transform it into joy.
- Dear God, I offer myself up to Thee. Build with me and do with me what Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of my self so that I may better do Thy will. Take from me my difficulties so that victory may be achieved.
- Dear Lord, look upon me with eyes of mercy. May your healing hand rest upon my head. May your life-giving powers flow through every cell of my body and enter the deepest depths of my soul, thereby cleansing me, purifying me, and restoring me to wholesomeness.
- God, I surrender to you my past, my present, and my future problems. I humbly ask that you take hold over every aspect of my life, and I surrender to you my hurt, my pain, my worry, and my doubt. I humbly ask you to wash me clean so that I may see clearly.
- Dear God, may you dull the pain I feel with your eternal love. May you blur those sharp edges of my life by reminding me that eternal love. May you blur those sharp edges of my life by reminding me that from bad, good can emerge. Please help me appreciate that the sorrow makes the joy sweeter. Remind me that I can look forward to better times and that I can endure anything with you by my side.
- Lord, give me the strength to not be better than my enemies. Help me defeat my greatest enemy: the doubts that live inside my own mind. Give me the strength I need to keep my back straight and my eyes clear, so that when this life fades, my eternal spirit may continue.
- May my heart be gentle, my mind still and open, my spirit remain unshackled, my awareness remain keen and my conscience be clear. May my nature be giving, may I become a healing energy and a benefit to all. May my life enrich others and may I know what matters.
- Please, God, bless me. Please forgive my sins and help me be a better and wiser person. Please infuse my mind, my heart, my body and my soul with your divine energy. Please help my body to be healthy and infuse my cells with your divine healing power.
- Dear Lord, please untie the knots of my life. Please untie the knots in my mind and my heart so that they cannot find their home inside my heart.
Prayer and recovery go hand-in-hand through every step of your rehab and recovery journey. Now that you have found the strength in Jesus Christ and placed your faith in the Lord, there is nothing you cannot do. When times get tough, these uplifting prayers can help you make it through. Contact us today so we can answer your prayers to help you find the strength your need on your path to sobriety.