Share This Post
How Coronavirus Spreads And How To Prevent It
The Coronavirus is a global pandemic. During this time of difficulty and uncertainty throughout the world, it is imperative to learn about the best practices to protect yourself from the Coronavirus.
HOW IS THE VIRUS SPREAD
According to the CDC Coronavirus is spread in the following way:
“The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.”
Center for Disease Control, 2020
The CoronaVirus pandemic is causing health issues, fatalities, financial distress, fear and anxiety for thousands across the world. It is critical to understand the necessary steps you should be taking to best protect yourself, your family and community. We must do our part to prevent contracting this illness in our homes but also from spreading it to others.
Below are the steps you should be following to do your part in controlling the spread of COVID-19.
Steps to prevent and control spread of COVD-19:
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (with at least 60% to 95% alcohol).
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with an elbow sleeve or tissue.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth, as you can pick up the virus that way.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects like doorknobs and countertops.
- Get the flu shot if you haven’t already! Although the seasonal flu vaccine cannot protect you from COVID-19 directly, you may be more likely to develop severe pneumonia if you contract both diseases simultaneously, By avoiding the flu, you may also avoid making a trip to the doctor in the middle of a COVID-19 epidemic, when health care workers may be overwhelmed with other patients.
- If you feel sick, don’t come to work. See your Doctor and get medical clearance before returning to work.
- Stock up on Hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes/ spray.
- Stay updated on the spread of this virus.
HOW WE ARE PROTECTING OUR CLIENTS
JC’S Recovery Center is also making every effort to protect our clients and staff from this illness.
Our Staff is following the above recommendations, as well as Disinfecting commonly touched areas 3 times per Shift. And that includes work van and drivers cars.
Our staff and Clients are also being directed to follow “THE 5” method. You can also use this to help protect yourself and reduce the risk of spreading any illness.
FOLLOW THE 5 METHOD
- HANDS Wash them often
- ELBOW Cough into it
- FACE Don’t touch it
- FEET Stay more than 3ft apart
- FEEL sick? Stay home
Make sure to follow all the neccessary to precautions to limit the effects this pandemic is having in our communities.
During this stressful time we are doing everything we can to help those struggling with addiction.
If you or a loved one need help contact us 1-844-JCHOUSE