Addiction Treatment Center for Charlotte Residents
Best Addiction Treatment Center for Alcohol & Drug Rehab for Charlotte, NC Residents
Addiction is a disease that can affect anyone, regardless of race, age, gender, employment status, or background. When you or someone you love experiences suffering from a substance use disorder, you have a lot of anxiety and many questions about what can be done to get help.
Perhaps you’re wondering if you’re ready to make the necessary changes in your life to overcome addiction. Another question you might have is where you should find the right people who will help you find lasting sobriety.
Why Choose JC’s Recovery?
Our trusted addiction recovery team at JC’s Recovery & Counseling Center in South Florida understands what you’re going through. People from across the country travel to our center in Hollywood, Florida, to participate in our various rehab programs. Residents of Charlotte, North Carolina, who need our assistance during recovery, access proven treatment methods when choosing our Florida center instead of seeking rehab closer to home.
If you are debating where to get a new start on life and undergo addiction recovery treatment, consider the following reasons for stepping away from your dangerous behaviors in Charlotte and coming to JC’s Recovery in South Florida:
· When times are complicated, and stress is high, a change of scenery is a welcome distraction. Plus, the different location from your current Charlotte residence may provide you with the optimism and energy you’ll need to begin your recovery journey.
· We’re very proud of our close-knit, family-like environment and friendly staff who will help you feel comfortable and safe immediately, regardless of the number of miles between Charlotte and Florida.
· The treatment methods we use at JC’s Recovery Center are evidence-based and clinically proven approaches to addiction recovery. Our addiction therapists and clinicians are top-notch experts in the field of drug and alcohol rehab.
· We take into account that addiction affects you in a variety of ways, including physically, psychologically, emotionally, and spiritually. This is why our approach to addiction rehab is a holistic one.
· Our Christian, faith-based recovery program has a spiritual director on staff to help you find comfort and strength through the Lord’s love. Spiritual healing and spiritual recovery go hand-in-hand at JC’s Recovery Center.
· Our addiction specialists are also experienced in assisting people who are struggling with co-occurring mental health disorders and substance use disorders. Known as dual diagnosis care, we can treat any underlying cognitive health issues that can contribute to addictive behaviors. Some of these conditions include depression, anxiety, or post-traumatic stress disorder, all of which may cause a person to turn to drugs or alcohol for relief as they try to self-medicate.
· The facilities at JC’s Recovery have been accredited by The Joint Commission and hold its Gold Seal of Approval. The Joint Commission is America’s largest accrediting health care body that’s known for its rigorous standards.
If you come from Charlotte, you can still seek help at JC’s Recovery Center for addiction treatment in South Florida. Whether you are suffering from an alcohol, drug, or prescription drug addiction, the options to begin therapy at JC’s include intensive outpatient, outpatient, and partial hospitalization options, with a variety of services and programs, including therapy and medical detox.
How Our Alcohol Addiction Treatment Program Works
According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, 14.4 million American adults aged 18 and up suffer from alcohol use disorder. Unfortunately, it’s estimated that 88,000 people die every year from alcohol-related causes.
At JC’s Recovery & Counseling Center, we offer Christian-based alcohol rehab services to help you overcome the dangers of alcohol addiction and steer you towards finding stability and long-term sobriety. We provide you with the hope, faith, and strength necessary for lifetime freedom from alcohol use.
The faith-based alcohol rehab program at JC’s Recovery encompasses evaluation, intervention, and therapeutic methods, many of which have secure connections to the 12-Step Program. In addition to the many therapeutic interventions available to you, keep in mind that our supportive community has a deep understanding of what you are experiencing during alcohol rehab.
Alcohol addiction treatment at JC’s Recovery Center may require you to undergo a period of alcohol detox before recovery. Our alcohol addiction program is very individualized. After our intake specialists evaluate your condition, they will, together with your input, help develop a personalized plan for your recovery. Many factors influence your treatment plan development, including the length of time you’ve been suffering from alcohol addiction, physical condition, and other factors.
We utilize the most successful elements from the 12-Step Program combined with Biblical teachings and various types of therapy to create a successful treatment program that is both spiritually and evidence-based.
Our addiction counselors try to get to the bottom of your addiction behaviors, whether there is a genetic disposition, social factors, or psychological needs that have led to an alcohol use disorder. This way, we can better pinpoint your therapeutic needs, including determining whether a co-occurring mental health disorder is affecting your attempts to self-medicate with alcohol.
Partial Hospitalization Program: This is an excellent, flexible program for alcohol recovery that’s in place at JC’s Recovery Center. During this treatment program, we provide residential accommodations that are offered for several weeks or months, during which time you will receive a high level of care. This care includes:
· A highly structured atmosphere
· Around-the-clock supervision
· Constant support services and therapies
Our partial hospitalization program (PHP) can also be conducted off-campus if you have housing and don’t wish to be a residential patient during alcohol recovery treatment. Either way, you will receive daily therapy and counseling based on your treatment plan.
Some of the counseling sessions and other services you’ll be involved with during treatment at JC’s Recovery Center for alcohol or drug treatment can include:
· Motivational speakers that will assist in raising your self-esteem
· Spiritual educators to help you heal
· Life coaching
· Yoga practices
· Fitness training
· Chiropractor’s services
· Massage therapy
There is a difference between in-patient residential treatment and PHP, that being the amount of supervision received and your living requirements.
If you enter PHP at JC’s Recovery, you may reside in our community living program for a specific time. This residential facility is luxurious, with beautiful kitchen space, high-end living quarters, and other perks. Our warm, encouraging staff is always on hand, plus your peers are right here for you to lean on for support while you’re all in recovery together. All of your care needs and meals will be provided. Our supervision and guidance ensure that you stay on track during treatment for alcohol addiction.
However, if living on-campus is not a good option for you, you can still commute daily to JC’s Recovery for your treatment and therapy, which is intensive, if you are stable enough to do so. Suppose you have a deep desire to overcome your addiction to alcohol and can be relied upon to attend your therapy sessions. In that case, our PHP program’s flexibility allows you to live off-campus, perhaps with a friend or relative in the South Florida area. We combine the clinically appropriate elements based on the 12-Step Program, together with the guidance of God’s teachings from the Bible and spiritual counseling, to guide you to continued sobriety.
How Our Drug Addiction Treatment Program Works
Before entering the drug addiction treatment program at JC’s Recovery, freedom from reliance on substances may seem beyond your grasp. But at JC’s Recovery, you will be highly aware of the fact that you are not alone in your struggles to overcome addiction. Our multi-pronged approach to fighting drug addiction can help you overcome even the most deep-seated addiction to drugs.
Our family-centered atmosphere will encourage you and hope you need to take an active role in your recovery journey. This is because we take a faith-based approach to drug addiction treatment in combination with evidence-based therapies. This treatment and healthy belief system will genuinely help you see why you’ve turned to drug use and how reliance on Our Lord, Jesus Christ, can replace this addiction with His love.
People who enter our drug addiction program at JC’s Recovery are suffering from a dependency on drugs, such as:
· Other illegal substances
Our addiction specialists will help determine the factors that may have contributed to your addictive behaviors, whether genetic, social, or environmental. It’s also essential to discover whether you have a co-occurring mental health issue that may have led you to self-medicate with substances like heroin or marijuana.
Cocaine, methamphetamine, and heroin are powerfully addictive drugs, all of which can be lethally dangerous. Our solutions for ongoing recovery include PHP, outpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient depending upon your circumstances. If you need to withdraw from substances before treatment can begin, our clinical staff will provide you supervision and medications to ensure you are as comfortable as possible
Marijuana can also become addictive and dangerous, making it essential to seek help with this drug that has become more and more normalized as a medical aid. However, it is still much misunderstood.
We provide the clinical care you need to overcome an addiction to drugs as we treat your symptoms during detox and help you both psychologically and spiritually to get back on your feet.
How Our Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment Works
JC’s Recovery prescription drug addiction treatment program is similar to our drug addiction therapies and counseling. We treat addiction to painkillers, like opioids, and prescription drugs, such as benzodiazepines.
Some prescription drugs that people can become addicted to include:
· Opioid painkillers, such as Oxycodone, Percocet, and Vicodin
· Benzodiazepines, such as Xanax and Valium
If you require a detox period, we can help you begin that process by weaning you off substances with 24-hour medical supervision to keep you safe. Medicines can be given to keep you comfortable while you undergo the withdrawal process.
During both drug and prescription drug addiction treatment at JC’s Recovery Center, we provide you with a full medical exam and assessment, including a psychological workup and a neurological examination, which is conducted due to many reasons:
1. Often, as we succumb to alcohol and chemical dependency, we ignore our physical, social and psychological needs.
2. Any underlying mental health disorders associated with substance use can be diagnosed during this exam process.
3. A full medical exam helps us better determine your individualized treatment plan.
If you have developed an addiction to prescription drugs like opioids, you may feel a significant loss of esteem and dignity. We offer you an innovative self-esteem curriculum and trauma-focused group therapy sessions to help you deal with any secrets, guilt, shame, and anger you might be holding.
JC’s Recovery therapists also seriously address relapse prevention by providing you with coping tools to avoid triggers and cravings that can continue after treatment and recovery. These critical coping skills will stay with you for a lifetime in fighting a relapse associated with prescription drug dependency.
Our intensive therapy and counseling sessions combined with relapse prevention techniques, spiritually enlightening and our use of 12-Step Program elements help you recover your life and dignity.
We truly care about your successful, long-term recovery after leaving our South Florida recovery center. After you are discharged from one of our residential treatment programs, we offer a full continuum of care, including:
· Intensive Outpatient Therapy
· Sober Living
· Sober Skills
· Life coaching
· An Alumni Program to encourage continued involvement in the program
Choosing an Addiction Treatment Center for Charlotte Residents
Residents or those with a family near Hollywood, Florida, may wish to choose an addiction treatment center nearby. There are plenty of benefits to doing so.
If you enroll in a PHP near our facility or a close relative’s home, you will be able to return there daily and sleep in your bed at night when your treatment sessions are done for the day.
You will be situated in surroundings that are familiar to you and feel comfortable. You may need to choose a local addiction center like JC’s Recovery if you do not have the luxury of taking a leave of absence from work, school, home, and family obligations.
Keep in mind that participating in an addiction treatment program as an outpatient will require commuting, sometimes daily, to a facility. Your in-person participation is vital to your recovery. Choosing a convenient plan for your commute and flexible hours is essential in your addiction treatment center choice.
Having the ability to remain living in a home environment with family allows you to strengthen or build a support network outside of the rehab center. This network will be of the utmost importance to you after recovery, even with the help of the relapse tools and support you’ll receive.
How Much Does Rehab Cost?
The cost of rehab for addiction recovery varies. It depends a lot upon many variables, such as:
· The type of treatment you opt for or require: PHP, IOP, Outpatient Program
· The kind of substance you’ve become dependent on
· The length of your addiction to substances alters your recovery time
· The dosage or amount of substance you’ve been taking or drinking will also affect your time in recovery, which can impact the cost
· Whether you live on-campus or at home also plays a role
Although any type of substance use disorder treatment can be expensive, JC’s Recovery does accept payment from all significant private health insurance policies, such as Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Aetna, and Anthem. Coverage under the Affordable Health Care Act may also help cover your costs for partial hospitalization or outpatient treatment.
You may be able to work with the facility to devise a financing plan. Other creative ways to raise money for rehab treatment include crowdfunding sources, fundraising events, family help, or grants.
Contact one of the counselors at JC’s Recovery in Hollywood, Florida, who are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to speak with you concerning treatment options and costs.
Sober Friendly Things to Do in Charlotte
You can begin taking that critical step on your journey to sobriety if you make the life-changing choice to travel from Charlotte and enroll in an addiction treatment program at our center in South Florida. Although you’ve been discharged from rehab, it’s vital that you remain active and engaged in your recovery.
As you return to your life in Charlotte, you’ll begin to realize how important everything you’ve learned about avoiding relapse actually is. While your behaviors and outlook on life may have changed for the better, Charlotte’s negative influences probably remained the same.
To avoid triggers, cravings, and a possible return to substance use, you may want to avoid hanging out with old friends who still indulge in drug or alcohol use.
Another essential part of your homecoming and continued sobriety will be to find fun activities to do in Charlotte that are sober-friendly and will not tempt you to return to old, familiar places and entertainment sources. Embrace your newfound sobriety, and seek out new ways to have fun that don’t involve substances.
Here are a few suggestions for fun, sober friendly things to do in Charlotte:
Little Sugar Creek Greenway
This greenway park that’s perfect for hiking, biking, or jogging has nearly six miles of asphalt and concrete trails that pass fountains, duck ponds, and beautiful uptown and downtown areas.
You can hike and visit the Little Sugar Greek Greenway at 1133 Metropolitan Ave. Charlotte, NC 28204.
The Billy Graham Library
Christian evangelist Billy Graham is a native of Charlotte. Embrace his journey from a dairy farm to his huge stadium gatherings across the world at this library that offers free admission.
You can visit the Billy Graham Library at 4330 Westmont Dr, Charlotte, NC 28217.
U.S. National Whitewater Center
Play hard or relax at this eclectic outdoor environment where you can engage in whitewater rafting, swing across ziplines, go kayaking, rock climbing, and much more.
You can visit the U.S. National Whitewater Center at 5000 Whitewater Center Parkway Charlotte, NC 28214.
What Does Treatment Look Like at JC’s Recovery?
At JC’s Recovery Center, you’ll have access to the types of therapy you’ll need for your specific, individual needs to recover from substance use disorder. Once you arrive at our South Florida center, you’ll meet our team of professional staff members who are warm, caring, and supportive.
Addiction recovery does not happen in a vacuum. It’s nearly impossible to rise from this brain disease without treatment, support, and the power of the Holy Spirit as your anchor in life. Regardless of whether you seek recovery from alcohol, illegal substances, or prescription drug addiction, spiritual counseling at JC’s Recovery is a vital part of our treatment programs.
As a part of our addiction program, you can expect to engage in some of the following types of therapy and services:
· Individual, family, and group therapy sessions
· Faith-based counseling
· Educational seminars
· 12-Step Program participation
· Life coaching sessions
· Trauma resolution therapy
· Bible studies
· Relapse prevention skill training
· Help with underlying mental health conditions (dual diagnosis care)
One of the programs at JC’s Recovery is called The Sonshine Program, an intensive outpatient and outpatient treatment care program. Your involvement in The Sonshine Program allows you to work with a therapist one-on-one to create your recovery action plan that can include the following:
· Addiction recovery groups
· Urine, drug and alcohol screens
· Addiction, recovery and family dysfunction education
· Learning how to work the 12 steps
· AA/NA or similar faith-based meetings
· Relapse prevention
· An introduction to your local 12-step or religious community program
· Problem-solving skills for living without chemical usage
· Referrals for post-recovery psychotherapy or private family therapy
· A complete, comprehensive discharge plan
And finally, we focus on teaching the 7 S’s to Success:
1. Sponsor: Get a personal sponsor
2. Support: Join a support group
3. Spiritual Director: Having a spiritual director (God and a spiritual counselor)
4. Shelter: Having a home-group to which you can commit your attendance and service
5. Schedule: Keeping to your weekly meeting and treatment times
6. Service: Give back to others what you’ve learned
7. Step Work: Aiding your journey in the 12-Step Program
Addiction can be frightening and challenging, but hope is always available. Hope and change can begin when you seek treatment based on scientific research but is also rooted in God’s faith, which is what we offer you at JC’s Recovery Center.